Technology Innovation Competition - Tuesday 17th September 2019
The water industry is facing a host of challenges which can be resolved with innovative technology solutions. We at New Civil Engineer have spoken with key stakeholders in the water sector and have identified the following areas where innovation can help with achieving much needed efficiencies. We would like to invite innovators to submit creative technology solutions which can help with one or more of the areas below. Our expert panel of judges will assess the entries and select a winner who will be announced on the day.
1. Real time asset management and smart networks: solutions to enable various elements of asset management including:
- Real time condition monitoring and underground mapping of networks to make smarter real-time decisions for maintenance and repairs
- Incorporating the use of IoT, artificial intelligence and advanced data management strategies
2. Leakage: Using radar, thermal imaging, sonar technology, satellite fixing technologies to identify and repair leakage quickly and efficiently and work towards the leakage reduction target of 461 million litres everyday
3. Increasing energy efficiency: energy consumption of water and wastewater plants contribute significantly to increased costs. Identifying and reducing areas of excess energy consumption can reduce running costs significantly.
Entry Deadline: 26 July
*Please complete the entry form, and submit to us by 26th July. Our expert panel of judges will select three shortlisted entrants. Those shortlisted will be invited to present their solution on the day of the conference where a winner will be selected and announced.
Meet the judges:
If you think this is for you apply today!
Any questions? Please contact Charity Woodruff at firstname.lastname@example.org